The technology team at Alpha Media Group is looking for a junior level front end developer to help maintain and build new functionality for a high volume, Drupal 7 site (www.maxim.com). This is a full-time position in NYC with full medical benefits, retirement plan, and paid vacation.
The front end developer position will involve maintaining and testing current functionality and web pages as well as building new functionality for our site.
What you will do on a regular basis
- Breakout mockups into functional HTML/CSS/jQuery
- Help maintain and manage the front end code
- Work with multiple groups across the organization to gather and implement product requirements
- User and browser testing You will be expected to work in a small team, and self-motivate.
You will work on projects both individually and with a senior developer. The ability to recognize potential issues and find solutions before they become a problem is a huge plus. Experience and passion about the web and web technologies is mandatory.
You have to be able to work and communicate with multiple departments to gather and refine product requirements. For this you need to have good communication and inter-personal skills.
You will not simply become a code monkey on this team, rather you will be asked to explore the product, think about new technologies, and always keep the user experience in mind.
Finally, you should have familiarity with a Content Management System such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Ability to hand code HTML 5 and CSS
- Familiarity with responsive web design
- Web design experience is a plus
- Proven ability to write clean compliant code
- Experience in UI Development and a passion for usability
- Knowledge of SASS, backbone.js a plus
About the team
The web development team is a relatively small, agile team that works with new technologies and methodologies. We are passionate about the web, and the product. You will get to work alongside a team that has years of web development and product experience.
Technologies used here:
- Drupal 7