FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why do I have to be 21 to enter this competition, and not 18?
It's a long story we won't bore you with, but them's the rules.
2. I live in Canada. Can I enter?
No, we’re sorry. Enter next year after you move!
3. When is the entry deadline?
We will be taking submissions until June 2, 2014.
4. Should I get a professional photographer to take my photos?
Sure. Just know that you must either own the copyright to the photos or have the copyright owner (i.e., a professional photographer) complete a Copyright Release, which can be found here. Also, hope the copyright owner likes not getting paid, because there's no money or any sort of recognition if a photo is used.
5. What's a JPEG?
It's a digital image file type. If you are uncertain about how to format digital images, please check out our Photo Requirements before you start uploading your photos.
6. What format do my pics have to be in?
JPEG format, at least 100KB file size. No matter how hot the pic is, we will reject it if it doesn't meet this standard.
7. How do I know which images I uploaded?
Our entry process will display the names of the images you've uploaded, so check the names of the photos uploaded against the images of the same name on your computer.
8. How will I know if I have been chosen for the competition?
Our contest coordinator will contact you via e-mail if you've been selected. If you are not contacted by June 11th you have not been chosen for this year's competition. Please be sure to check your Spam or Junk e-mail folders for messages from Maxim's Hometown Hotties competition.
9. Can you tell me when my photos will be posted?
Entrants selected for the first round of voting will be notified by e-mail when they have been placed in a given week's voting period.
10. I have appeared in a men's magazine in the past. Can I still be a Hottie?
Women who have appeared in other magazines are subject to the discretion of the competition supervisors, who will determine if another publication disqualifies you.
11. I'm not sure how my boss will respond to my appearance in this competition. What should I do?
When you enter, you may want to list your profession generally. Instead of "U.S. attorney, Southern District," you may want to list your profession as "lawyer," for example.
12. Once I submit, can I go back and change my entry form?
Sorry, but no. Make sure you like what you see before you submit your info.
13. I want to enter my sister/girlfriend/neighbor/P.E. teacher/etc. as a surprise—is it OK if I submit her photos?
Nope. We'll be confirming entrants directly, and if we find that she did not submit her own entry, she may be disqualified.
14. May I enter more than once?
Duplicate entries will not be considered for the competition; however, our competition coordinator may ask an entrant to resubmit her entry if, for whatever reason, the entry is incomplete.
15. I was a finalist in a previous Hometown Hotties competition—may I enter the 2015 competition?
Finalists (top 10 finishers) from previous years of the competition are ineligible for our 2015 contest, but Semifinalists (top 100 finishers) who did not make it into the top 10 in those years can still enter.
If your question was not answered here, you will be given the opportunity to e-mail our competition coordinator when the entry period begins.