Wine and popcorn are coming together for the greater good. Yum!
Brand: Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Kettle Corn
There's just something timeless about wine and popcorn.
So why not combine the two into an amazingly delicious treat. The fruity flavors of Kim Crawford's 2012 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc go great with the salty, caramelly, sweet, and lemon taste of this popcorn. Pick it up from Populence or make your own with the recipe below!
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Lemon Kettle Corn
This delightful recipe merges sweet and salty to delight the palate. Lemon zest echoes the citrus notes in the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, resulting in a flavorful, addictive treat.
Cooking time: about 10 min
2 tablespoons of oil
1/4 cup of kernels
2 teaspoons of fresh lemon zest
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
salt to taste
1 tablespoon of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
1. Heat oil 1.5 min at medium-high heat in a covered pot
2. Add 3 kernels to the hot oil, return the lid, and begin swirling the pot
3. Once 2 of the 3 kernels have popped, add the remaining 1/4 cup. Close the lid and swirl again
4. In the next 30-45 seconds add the pre-measured sugar, Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc and lemon zest. Quickly close the lid and vigorously swirl the pot to distribute evenly
5. Swirl once every thirty seconds before popping begins and continuously swirl the pot once the kernels begin to pop
6. Turn the heat off once popping has slowed to 3 seconds between pops
7. Empty the pot onto a cookie sheet to let the kettle corn cool and dry. Caution: caramelized sugar is very hot
8. Sprinkle salt to taste and enjoy with a glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc!
Get buzzed! Check out Cruzan Aged Rum and Knob Creek Spice of Life.