American fans of Irish whiskey have two great reasons to get excited about the latest Caskmates bottles from Jameson.
The Dublin-based distillery joined forces with a pair of stateside breweries—Yakima, Washington's Bale Breaker Brewing Company and Chicago's Revolution Brewing—to create a duo of expressions launched under its limited-edition Caskmates line.
Brewers from both locations traveled to Ireland to make craft brews in Jameson barrels, which were then used to finish the brand's triple-distilled brown spirit.
"Going to Ireland to collaborate with Jameson is a brewer's dream. Our Topcutter IPA embodies where we're from, and bringing a taste of our neighborhood to the Jameson distillery to create our very own Caskmates Limited Edition was quite incredible," said Kevin Smith, the head brewer at Bale Breaker Brewery, in a press release.
"When we came together, it was about making something new and different. Chicago has a strong Irish history and now we have an Irish Whiskey of our own," added Jim Cibak, the head brewer at Revolution Brewing.
Here are the official tasting notes and ABV for each new Caskmates whiskey:
Jameson Caskmates Bale Breaker Limited Edition
- Nose: Rich in hops with delicate floral notes
- Taste: Citrus notes with some spices and vanilla throughout
- Finish: Rich, lasting finish with hints of hops fading to notes of oak and spice
- ABV: 40% Alc./Vol. (80 proof
Jameson Caskmates Revolution Brewing Limited Edition
- Nose: Delicate fruits, grapefruit and lingering sweet notes
- Taste: Full bodied and smooth with hints of both hops and vanilla
- Finish: Spice character and hops fade slowly into lingering fruit notes and toasted oak
- ABV: 40% Alc./Vol. (80 proof)
Priced at $29.99 per bottle, both are available now at select retailers and bars for a limited time.