Considering the number of dating apps out there, it's clear that there are a lot of first dates going on but more often than not, scoring a second date is more difficult than getting the first.
That's why one noble individual started a Reddit thread asking this very important question: "Women of Reddit, what is something a person has done on the first date that made you want a second date?" You know, because we all need a pointer or two at times.
And so, here are 15 things you should do on a first date in order to get a second one, according to women.
1. "He remembered little things that I had talked about before that even I forgot about. Also texted me right afterwards telling me that he acknowledged that I had just gotten out of a long term relationship and didn't want to do anything out of my comfort zone but that he would love to see me again."
2. "This is more after the date, but he didn't play any mind games and texted me that same night saying he had a great time. Was refreshing for me."
3. "I went on a date who texted me “i really enjoy your personality“ right after i got home. Made me smile!!"
4. "He texted a little later to ask if I got home okay, and then said he’d love to see me again and proposed a date for the next weekend. Pitch perfect way to wrap up a date, and no stupid games."
5. "He listened to me. He was genuinely interested in getting to know me. My best, present and future too. we had dinner and saw a movie. Held my hand while making me walk on the inside from the road(completely new to me). But my favorite part was after we drove around our hometowns for about 2-3 hours just talking and getting to know each other. It was perfect."
6. "I was with someone and we were still shy around each other, but things were heating up. He asked me if he could take his shirt off, which I was completely okay with. Then he asked me if he could touch me, which was even more okay with me. It was amazing to be asked that, and it's possible I responded even more enthusiastically that I would have without that question."
7. "He put his hand on my back to guide me through a crowd. I don’t even know why this meant so much or felt so right, but it did, and we’ve been together for the last 3.5 years!"
8. "Treated me and talked to me like a human being rather than a potential vagina to stick their dick into."
9. "I initiated sex out of drunken nervousness, and he said he didn't want to do that on the first date. Not only did I appreciate his self-restraint, but he was really sweet about telling me no, I didn't feel weird about it at all."
10. "Actually liked that I was playfully making fun of him the whole night and didn’t get defensive. Great banter all night and about a year later we’re still going strong!"
11. "Genuinely laughed at one of my jokes, and made a similar joke back."
12. "He gave our leftovers from dinner to a homeless man. He offered to walk me to the bus stop because he understood it might be uncomfortable for me to accept a ride home from a strangers from tinder who I barely knew. At the end of the night, he asked if it was okay to kiss me on the cheek.
"He’s a sweetheart and we’ve been together for just about four years."
13. "Texting to ask if I got home okay - shows you're still thinking of me :)"
14. "I think any time a guy has showed genuine nervousness with a little bit of giddiness I have wanted a second date."
15. "Manners- polite to wait staff, opening car door, holding hand out to help me get out, pulling chair out at table, not interrupting, no phone at table, opening doors and allowing me to go first. Stuff that used to be common."