These Millennials Will Have to Live Without Smart Phones, Snapchat or Participation Trophies in New Reality Show ’90’s House’
Think they’ll make it?
Typically, reality shows film over a period of one to two months, and most contestants are fighting like hell to stay until elimination.
But we doubt anyone will last a week on 90’s House, a new MTV competition series that will force coddled millennials to live in a house without any smart phones (read: no social media).
That means they’ll have to survive with just crude ’90s tools like air conditioning, cable television and refrigerators. How will they do it…?
PEOPLE magazine, which broke the news, detailed the series.
90’s House is a new competition show that places 12 millennial housemates in a ’90s-inspired home, forcing the contestants to officially unplug their modern-day devices.
On each episode, opponents will face elimination by competing in various ’90s-themed challenges featuring catch phrases, fashion and technology only from that decade. In addition to a Mazda Miata and two VIP tickets on a ’90s cruise, the winner will pocket $90,000.
Guests stars include notable Gen Xers Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell), Michelle Williams (Destiny’s Child), Joey Fatone (NSYNC), Marques Houston (Sister, Sister), Tyson Beckford, Bill Bellamy (Def Comedy Jam) and Joey Lawrence (Blossom).
MTV has released information on all 12 contestants, and they’re a diverse lineup of hatable human beings born after 1985.
Chase, 24, (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Small Town Boy. Dancer. Model.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Full House & Boy Bands
Devin, 24 (Washington, DC)
- Smooth Talker. BBall Player. Ladies’ Man.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Power Rangers & LL Cool J
Jenielle, 27 (Bronx, New York)
- Drama Free. Music Lover. Mama’s Girl.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Family Matters & Janet Jackson
Lexus, 23 (Radford, Virginia)
- Insta Addict. Fashionista. Southern Belle.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Buffy & the Bitchin clothes
Mark, 29 (Astoria, New York)
- Nerd. Tech Trainer. Strategist.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Nickelodeon & *NSYNC
Patrick, 21 (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Pretty Boy. Fitspo. Hopeless Romantic.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Tupac & Cartoons
Prince, 26 (Atlanta, Georgia)
- King Of Shade. Fashion Icon. Tough Competitor.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Home Alone & 90s Jams
Sierra, 23 (Akron, Ohio)
- Beauty. Brains. Boy Magnet.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Saved By The Bell & Spice Girls
Sha-Monique, 24 (Long Island, New York)
- Fierce. Fun. Fearless.
- #Ultimate90sObsession: Destiny’s Child & TLC
Shannon, 22 (Plymouth, Massachusetts)
- Rapper. Feminist. Activist.
- #Ultimate90sObsession: Biggie Smalls & Grunge
Travana, 25 (Seattle, Washington)
- Mother. Sass Queen. Snake Hater.
- #Ultimate90sObsession: Dr. Dre & Nirvana
William, 27 (Long Island, New York)
- 90’s Shop Owner. New Yorker. Vintage Lover.
- #Ultimate90sObsessions: Fresh Prince & Throwback Tees
We can’t wait to hate all of them.