A new year brings not only a fresh slate for your life and various exercise routines that haven't been completely abandoned (or maybe they already have, we won't judge), but also a whole new crop of albums to obsess over. 2016 has some BIG ones coming out including new releases from Kanye West, Rihanna, David Bowie (which actually just came out today) and Megadeth. Here's our rundown of the albums we're most looking forward to hearing in the next few months.
1) Megadeth: Dystopia (January 22)
The fifteenth release by this trash metal band will be a refreshing change of pace from the poppy love ballads that have saturated the music scene over the last few years. Sometimes you just wanna yell and scream, you know?
2) Ty Segall: Emotional Mugger (January 22)
Guys love Ty Segall in a very emotional way. Could it be said that Ty Segall is to dudes as Madonna is to women? No one has ever really said that before, but I just did.
3) Yoko Ono: Yes, I'm a Witch (January 22)
Yoko's latest includes collaborations with Death Cab for Cutie, Tune-Yards, Portugal the Man, Miike Snow, Cibo Matto, Sparks, and her own son, Sean Lennon.
4) Bloc Party: HYMNS (January 29)
A welcome return from a brief hiatus announced in 2013.
5) Sia: This Is Acting (January 29)
If the track "Reaper" (co-written and produced by Kanye West) is any indication, the rest of this album is going to be massively amazing.
6) The Cult: Hidden City (February 5)
This is the final installment in a trilogy of recordings that began with 2007's "Born Into This" by a band that Rolling Stone referred to as "messianic" following their 2014 Coachella performance.
7) Elliott Smith: Heaven Adores You (February 5)
The title of this soundtrack to the documentary of the same name is almost as heartbreaking as the (mostly previously unreleased) songs that are on it.
8) Elton John: Wonderful Crazy Night (February 5)
According to interviews, this only took John three weeks to make. Guess after all these years he's got the formula down pat.
9) Kanye West: SWISH (February 11)
It was recently announced that Kanye will release a new song each Friday until Swish comes out. So that's something to keep us busy and satisfied while we wait.
10) Animal Collective: Painting With (February 19)
Their latest since 2012 features appearances by John Cale from the Velvet Underground, Colin Stetson from Arcade Fire, and Bon Iver.
11) Santigold: 99¢ (February 26)
It's been too long. Listen to "Can't Get Enough Of Myself" on a loop until this comes out.
12) M. Ward: More Rain (March 4)
M. Ward takes a break from recording with creative partner Zooey Deschanel in She & Him to make another stunning solo album.
13) Nada Surf: You Know Who You Are (March 4)
This is the first album Nada Surf has made as a four-piece. Doug Gillard (a staple of their live shows) is on as an official member.
14) Jeff Buckley: You and I (March 11)
A previously unreleased collection of rarities released nearly two decades after the singer's tragic death.
15) The Body: No One Deserves Happiness (March 18)
The best possible title for an album by the loudest and hardest band to ever exist.
16) Action Bronson: The Human Highlight Reel (TBA)
Remember the time Action Bronson was hospitalized for eating weird things? We do.
17) Ariana Grande: Moonlight (TBA)
Her third album will be dreamy. There's very little questioning this.
18) Death Grips: Bottomless Pit (TBA)
The announcement for this album release included a video of the late, great actress Karen Black reading lines that Death Grips' Zach Hill had written for a movie he was working on that was to include a role for her.
19) Drake: Views From the 6 (TBA)
Still running through the 6 with his woes.
20) Frank Ocean: Boys Don't Cry (TBA)
You probably will (in a good way) while listening to this.
21) M.I.A.: Matahdatah (TBA)
There's still way more living fast and dying young left to do.
22) Meek Mill: Dreamchasers 4 (TBA)
Hopefully he doesn't diss anybody on this one. (That was a joke.)
23) Rihanna: ANTI (TBA)
It's gonna feel like childbirth once this finally comes out, we've been waiting soooooo long.
24) RiFF RAFF: Peach Panther (TBA)
Last we heard from Riff Raff he was having a hard time paying his rent. Hopefully this will bring him back to black.
25) Run the Jewels: Run the Jewels 3 (TBA)
Never not awesome.
26) Sky Ferreira: Masochism (TBA)
Listening to this is actually not masochistic at all.
27) Tinashe: Joyride (TBA)