When you boil it down to basics, the true meaning of Americanized Cinco de Mayo is all about tequila, tacos, and—most importantly—guacamole. Chipotle, purveyor of ethically-sourced Mexican eats, is giving the ultimate Cinco gift this year and gracing you with their secret recipe for drool-worthy guac.
With just six ingredients, even the most kitchen-challenged among us can’t possibly screw it up. Get a look at the recipe below and start stocking up on avocados, because you can’t chug margaritas on an empty stomach.
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit
2. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
3. Toss and coat with lime juice.
4. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
5. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Photograph from Flickr
Photos by Photograph from Flickr