Chipotle Saves Your Cinco Party With Secret Guacamole Recipe
Bringing you perfectly-seasoned guac, without the ridiculous surcharge.
When you boil it down to basics, the true meaning of Americanized Cinco de Mayo is all about tequila, tacos, and—most importantly—guacamole. Chipotle, purveyor of ethically-sourced Mexican eats, is giving the ultimate Cinco gift this year and gracing you with their secret recipe for drool-worthy guac.
With just six ingredients, even the most kitchen-challenged among us can’t possibly screw it up. Get a look at the recipe below and start stocking up on avocados, because you can’t chug margaritas on an empty stomach.
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit
2. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
3. Toss and coat with lime juice.
4. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
5. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Photograph from Flickr
Photos by Photograph from Flickr