After 10 sequels, a crossover with Nightmare on Elm Street and, yes, even a remake, the official body count from the Friday the 13th franchise stands at a towering 199 victims. That's 199 horny teens who naively ventured into the woods, got laid in tents and/or wandered somewhere alone even when all signs pointed to their inevitable doom.
Can I get a "ch ch ch ah ah ah"?
Because it takes some perverse creative ingenuity to stand out as the best and grisliest among 199 kills, we figured we would pay credit where it was due, today being Friday the 13th and all.
Let's relive the 13 craziest kills from the iconic horror franchise, whether they were at the murderous hands of Jason Voorhees, his copycat in Part 5 or his vengeful, sweater-wearing mother in Part 1.
13. Toilet Kill - Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
12. Eye-Popping Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982)
11. "Surprise!" Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981)
10. Party Crash Kill - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
9. Crispin Glover Kill - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
8. Kevin Bacon Kill - Friday the 13th (1980)
7. Foldable Bed Kill - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
6. Harpoon in the Eye Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982)
5. Sleeping Bag Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 7 (1988)
4. Sleeping Bag Kill: Part Deux - Friday the 13th (2009)
3. Wheelchair Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981)
2. Impaled During Sex Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981)
1. Handstand Kill - Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982)
May this serve as a cautionary blog to any attractive teenagers who want to go camping this Friday the 13th weekend.