Grace Jones Flashed the Crowd at Her Latest Book Signing
Let’s take a moment to appreciate one of the wildest women alive.
Grace Jones is truly out there, living out loud. Her new memoir, I’ll Never Write My Memoirs, came out at the end of September, and she’s been traveling the world over the past few months to promote it. Most recently, she flashed her boobs at book signing, reminding us that, at 67, she’s still one of the wildest women alive. Here are just a few, out of many, many reasons that we should take a knee in reverence.
1) She will show up two hours late to her own book signing at a Barnes & Noble in New York City and then show everyone her boobs and go home.
A video posted by calishajenkins (@calishajenkins) on
Oct 1, 2015 at 7:36pm PDT
2) She throws more shade than a parasol. See exhibit A in this excerpt from her book:
“Trends come along and people say, ‘Follow that trend.’ There’s a lot of that around at the moment. Be like Sasha Fierce. Be like Miley Cyrus. Be like Rihanna. Be like Lady Gaga. Be like Rita Ora and Sia. Be like Madonna. I cannot be like them — except to the extent that they are already being like me.”
3) Her version of The Normal’s “Warm Leatherette,” is the best version. Period.
4) She terrified Joan Rivers on The Tonight Show in the eighties. (I’m guessing this was the eighties, judging by the hairdos.)
5) She can casually hula hoop while singing, like she just does this every day around the house.
Keep on keepin’ on, Grace. You’re amazing.
Photos by Rob Verhorst / Redferns