Vanity Fair's November issue looks to be a hot one. The cover features a classic shot of a determined looking Rihanna, shot in Cuba by Annie Leibovitz, with a revealing feature interview by Lisa Robinson inside. The Barbados-born singer has led quite a large life in just 27 years, so one would imagine that she has a great deal to say. Here are some of the most interesting things learned from the interview:
1) She loves pasta. She ordered three half-portions of spaghetti pomodoro with basil, gnocchi, and ravioli during her interview.
“Legit, I have been in the gym every day this week because I am not willing to give up my food. But I will sacrifice an hour for the gym.”
2) She binge-watches TV too, and prefers to watch true crime over fictional stories.
“I used to watch them [fictional crime series],” she says, “until I found The First 48 [homicide detectives, cold-blooded murders at convenience stores] and Snapped...those are things that actually happened in real life.”
3) She's not into one-night stands.
“If I wanted to I would completely do that,” she says. “I am going to do what makes me feel happy, what I feel like doing. But that would be empty for me; that to me is a hollow move. I would wake up the next day feeling like shit."
4) She's holding out for a gentleman, and thinks it's sick that men feel as though treating their lady nicely is a sign of being a pussy.
"That’s what we’re dealing with now, a hundred percent, and girls are settling for that, but I won’t."
5) She still cares for her abusive ex, Chris Brown.
“I don’t hate him. I will care about him until the day I die. We’re not friends, but it’s not like we’re enemies. We don’t have much of a relationship now.”
6) She's friends with Eminem.
“He’s one of my favorite people. He’s got so many layers and he’s such a good person—focused, disciplined...he’s one of the most talented poets of our time."
7) She thinks Rachel Dolezal is a hero.
“I think she was a bit of a hero, because she kind of flipped on society a little bit. Is it such a horrible thing that she pretended to be black? Black is a great thing, and I think she legit changed people’s perspective a bit and woke people up.”
8) Her new album is taking awhile because she's a perfectionist.
"Her new, much-anticipated album—her first in more than three years (which, as we spoke, she was still working on)—has taken a while because, says Jay Z, “she wants it to be perfect.”
9) She wishes she could buy her own groceries.
“I literally dream about buying my own groceries...Swear to God. Because it is something that is real and normal. Something that can keep you a little bit uncomfortable...Because life is not perfect, and the minute you feel it’s perfect, it’s not real."
Photos by Patrick Kovarik / AFP / Getty Images