Thomas Mars of the French popsters has the soundtrack to getting trashed with class.
Photo: Press Here Publicity
Playlist:Parisian Party Mix
1. Jean-Baptiste Lully, “Marche des Turcs”
To party like it’s 1699.
2. Kindness, “Swinging Party”
It has a very new romantic atmosphere, which reminds me of Versailles, where we are from. Produced by Zdar.
3. Jacno, “Rectangle”
A stylish Frenchman who wrote an avant garde piece of music.
4. Sigue Sigue Sputnik, “Love Missile F1-11”
First record I owned. It was a gift from my brother. Great for pajama parties, too.
5. The Knife, “Heartbeats”
To get people to dance.
6. Bryan Ferry, “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes”
Perfect for small talk.
7. Sebastien Tellier,“Russian Attractions”
When it comes to parties, Russians do it better. Less taste, more drama.
8. New Order, “Temptation”
I especially love the fade-in and how it grabs your attention.
9. Mac Demarco, “Only You”
For slow dancing.
10. Elvis Costello And The Attractions, "Poor Napoleon"
For when the party is over.
DRINK WHILE YOU LISTEN: Keep shit classy with Dom Pérignon.
Phoenix's latest album, Bankrupt!, is out now.