With roles in 2016 hits Captain America: Civil War, The Jungle Book and Hail, Caesar!, Scarlett Johansson isn't just a Hollywood megastar, she's practically a pillar of our economy.
Forbes has named ScarJo the top-grossing actor of 2016—$1.2 billion at the global box office. This does not mean the stunning and talented actress necessarily out-earned her competition (that's another list), just that her movies raked in a whole lot of cash.
Getting onto the marquee of Captain America, the year's top-grossing film with $1.15 billion worldwide, paid dividends. Co-stars Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. both tied for second place with grosses of $1.15 billion, due to their roles as Captain America and Iron Man respectively.
Aside from the undying star power of ScarJo, the list proves superhero films are more profitable than ever. Suicide Squad's Margot Robbie nabbed the fourth top spot, Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds came in eighth and Star Wars' Felicity Jones came in ninth.
See who else made the list, below:
10. Will Smith — $775 million
9. Felicity Jones — $805 million
8. Ryan Reynolds — $820 million
7. Henry Cavill — $870 million
6. Ben Affleck — $1.02 billion
5. Amy Adams — $1.04 billion
4. Margot Robbie — $1.1 billion
2. Robert Downey Jr. — $1.15 billion
2. Chris Evans — $1.15 billion
1. Scarlett Johansson — $1.2 billion