‘Game of Thrones’ Releases 8 New Scotch Whiskies to Keep You Warm All Winter Long
Drink a bottle for every season before the final Season 8 premieres in April 2019.
Scotch lovers already stoked about that zombie-inspired release will be happy to know the eight new single malt scotches previously slated for release this month are now available, in all their peaty glory.
The scotch comes from some of Scotland’s greatest distilleries. For example: the House Targaryen crest is on the label for a bottle from the Cardhu Distillery, in business since 1824.
House Lannister comes from Lagavulin, which regularly produces some of the most highly-rated scotch in the world, and Talisker produces House Greyjoy. The Night’s Watch gets its own special Oban Bay Reserve which comes in a sleek-looking black bottle.
Here’s the full list:
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select ($29.99)
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost ($39.99)
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve ($39.99)
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old ($64.99)
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve ($62.99)
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve ($44.99)
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old ($64.99)
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve ($59.99)
Basically Thrones isn’t playing around with this sponsorship; this is the good stuff.
There’s a long winter between now and the April 2019 premiere of Season 8. Some may want to watch seasons 1 through 7 in anticipation, and there will be an entire home bar’s worth of Game of Thrones spirits to go with the binge.
Be careful to not binge on the booze, though—there’s one more season to go, and you want to remember it.