Have a Killer Party This Sunday With The Rock’s Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Football Calzones
You can almost smell what The Rock is cookin’.
You won’t get Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson himself in the kitchen assembling these tasty-ass Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Football Calzones. Let’s face it, the guy has such a specific diet it’s doubtful he’d even touch food like this.
But The Rock is happy to give back to the public, so this was published on his Youtube channel just in time for Super Bowl party prep.
Let’s be real: Whether Johnson eats food like this or not, it absolutely rules. Beats the hell out of bacteria-accumulating onion dip, greasy chips, and room temperature pizza.
To be truly helpful, here are the ingredients and recipe in print. Between these and the video you can head to the grocery and have a dozen ready by kickoff. This is for three; scale up as needed.
2 oz softened cream cheese
¼ cup of that tangy, delicious buffalo sauce
1 ¼ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
¾ cup shredded mozzarella
A package of pie dough
Hold another ounce of softened cream cheese in reserve to make the laces.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll the dough flat, then using a football-shaped cardboard template, cut the rounds.
3. Mix cream cheese and buffalo sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Add in shredded chicken and cream cheese.
4. Dollop the filling in the center of the round—well-illustrated in the video.
5. Fold the dough over the filling, then use a fork seal the edges.
6. Beat the egg to make the coating, then coat the top of the dough.
7. Bake till golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
8. Fill piping bag with remaining cream cheese then carefully use that to draw the laces..
Serve up with whatever works for you—veggies like carrots or celery—maybe add some blue cheese if you’re into that.
Grab a beer and watch the game. (And the commercials.)