Even though there are lots of obvious ways to turn a woman on, like treating her to some skillfully executed foreplay, some of her biggest turn ons are actually some of your most nonchalant, non-sexual moves, like cooking, rolling up your sleeves, or driving stick shift. Who knew, right?
In a massive Reddit thread titled “Women of Reddit, what do men do that's attractive, that men don't know about?” hundreds of women revealed their top nonsexual turn ons, and I read through each and every one of them, and handpicked the best 20, so that you, too, can apply them to your own life and get the ladies hot and bothered without even trying.
1. "I fucking LOVE watching my boyfriend cook. I can stand there and watch him all day long. He's bustling around, chopping veggies and putting dry rub on meats and stirring things around in a pan, all confident and sure-like.
"He thinks he's just making dinner. What he doesn't know is that by the time the meal is ready, after watching him be so competent and unself-conscious and focused on making the food, I want to rip his clothes off and have my way with him first, and eat dinner later."
2. "I find it hot when a guy drives calmly and safely. Too many times I've driven with guys that drive aggressively, speed, and try to show off; it is so comforting feeling like this guy that's driving me actually gives a shit about me and my safety; I think it shows good character."
3. "Roll up button-ups to their elbows.
4. "Speaking passionately about pretty much anything. When my significant other talks excitedly about anything he cares about, even if it isn't really one of my interests, it is insanely attractive to me."
5. "Keep their nails short."
6. "Really concentrating on something, I love the look a guy has on his face when he is trying to figure something out. I don't know why..."
7. "That sexy quiet laugh while scratching the back of their head when they feel slightly nervous or awkward. *swoon*"
8. "Hand in the middle of the back when walking with/directing a girl."
9. "Sigh and stare at you while smiling. Gahhhh."
10. "I've had many a partner comment about my insistence on walking on the outside (toward the street) when walking together. It's not a big thing, but it does offer protection and it's noticed and appreciated."
11. "Being paternal. Nothing gets me going like when they see a kid and instinctively go into the mode."
12. "Men being handy...mmph. Every time I see my guy talking about how he's just gonna fix this with x, y, and z tools in this way gets me. And how he's so focused on that when he's doing it is THE biggest turn on...for me at least. Swoon!"
13. "Giving eye contact when talking to you. Especially when there's a bunch of pretty girls around."
14. "A guy actually driving using the clutch and working through the gears - listening to the engine and knowing when it gets to a certain sound/revs then you change up/down. Love it."
15. "That thing where you take off a t-shirt by pulling it by the back of your neck."
16. "Walk around with just sweatpants on right after taking a shower. So fresh and so clean."
17. "Being thoughtful. Like sending a text out of the blue to say you're thinking of me or sending a text in regards to something I said in passing. If I already show some interest in you, this makes me bust nut from giddiness."
18. "When we're going outside and he holds my coat up for me."
19. "Stretch, seeing a man stretch and the bottom of your shirt lifts up and you see dat cut, mmmmhh. Delicious."
20. "Wearing cologne. A subtle hint of cologne goes a long way. Holy shit, so simple yet so sexy."