Watch This Idiot Nearly Burn Down a Gas Station Trying to Kill a Spider
Well, that’s one way to do it…
This probably wasn’t the smartest way to kill that spider.
When a man in Center Line, Michigan, was filling up his car at a gas station Tuesday evening, he spotted a spider crawling on his gas tank. Rather than flicking the spider off or not caring, the impulsive Michigander decided on a sure-fire way to wipe out the critter: to set it on fire with his cigarette lighter. One small problem: He was at a gas station, and gas, as it turns out, is flammable.
As the sassy local news crew dispatched to report the incident put it, “You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what happened next.” In short order, the gas tank inflames, followed by the gas pump, and then the whole fuel dispenser goes up.
Luckily, the ne’er-do-well was kind of able to redeem himself when he grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher and smothered the blaze. Mobile gas station worker Susan Adams called the fire department and left the local news with some indispensable wisdom: “Do you know gas go ‘boom’?” Yes, Susan. Yes we do.
At least that spider’s dead now, I guess.