How to Punch Like a Girl by Ronda Rousey
But if anyone else starts one with you, The Strikeforce champ’s got some tips.
You don’t want to pick a fight with Strikeforce champ Ronda Rousey. But if anyone else starts one with you, she’s got some tips.
1. “Grip your hand as tight as you can while keeping your shoulder loose.”
2. “To throw a right, stand left foot forward; stay on your toes so it’s easier to bounce from foot to foot.”
3. “Push off your back foot and twist your body to throw with your core. Keep your chin down and aim high so your shoulder covers your chin. You don’t want to be that guy with no defenses up.”
4. “Let your arm go and snap your fist back at the end. Don’t just stand still and straighten out your arm.”
5. “Stand over your opponent and squat up and down to give him the Halo tea bag!”
VIDEO: Flipping for Strikeforce’s Ronda Rousey
*Plus: How to Take a Hit
Four things to do to keep that smack from putting you six feet under.
1. “Always keep your eyes on your opponent, because the punches you don’t see are the ones that knock you out.”
2. “Keep your chin tucked and your mouth closed to avoid a jaw injury.”
3. “Put your hands in front of your face, but keep in mind that offense is usually the best defense. They can’t hit you if you’re hitting them.”
4. “Get up! Never turtle up on the ground in a fight. If you get hit in the back of the head, you are pretty much done.”
Photos by Per Bernal | Licensed to Alpha Media Group 2012