There's no denying 2015 was the Year of the Booty. Between Nicki Minaj's Anaconda, a dramatic rise in butt implants, and the bum slap heard 'round the world, we've had more ass in our face than this bro at an EDM festival, and 2016 shows no sign of slowing down.
As the booty has its moment, it only makes sense that you would want to show your appreciation for it in the bedroom. Guess what? Chances are, she wants you to as well, namely in the form of spanking.
A quick word to the wise: never spank blindly. Always ask your partner if she does in fact want her tush slapped. Not only will she appreciate you taking the time to understand her sexual preferences, but it's also good manners. If you're too shy to ask, A) grow up, Peter Pan, and B) try a light tap on her behind and see how she reacts. Believe me, you'll know if you're free to proceed or not.
Now, on to the good stuff.
1. Power is sexy: I repeat: Power is sexy. Power is sexy. Power is sexy. While we of course enjoy the driver's seat from time to time, it's always incredibly hot to see our guy take command in the bedroom. Asserting your control between the sheets shows that you know what you want and how you want it, and we're more than happy to be on the receiving end of your domination. Just remember: With great power comes great responsibility... so don't fuck it up.
2. Spicing it up: Even the best of sex can fall into a stagnant routine. (Just ask Terry Crews. He'll tell you.) When we can already see your next move coming, our excitement will wane and our minds will wander. “Nature loves diversity and society abhors it," says Nan Wise, a sex therapist and neuroscientist who studies the brain during orgasm. "There are many, many ways that people are wired for pleasure. We all have unique erotic fingerprints.” It's completely natural for the added spank, nibble, grab or hair pull to bring us over the edge. And once we get there, we're going to make sure you meet us across the finish line. Trust.
3. It increases intimacy: Sharing new experiences with your partner will organically bring you closer together. Whether it's trying a new restaurant or getting a little kinky in the bedroom, you're creating new and sexy memories together that you will ultimately bond over. One study even found that couples who partake in BDSM behavior had an actual hormonal reaction that lead to the feeling of increased levels of intimacy after the act. While we're not suggesting going out and buying whips and chains from your local sex shop, we're also not telling you not to.
4. It feels good: Turns out, her body may actually positively react to getting spanked. Unpredicted stimuli fire up our dopamine receptors which, in turn, gives us sexual pleasure. Enough dopamine flowing and what do you get? An orgasm, that's what. Ah, science, you beautiful bitch.
5. Because it's fucking fun: And sometimes, it's as simple as that.
So, spank on!