It sucks to get cheated on. Sometimes it’s inevitable, like if your girlfriend is a sociopath and you just didn’t know. But other times, there are warning signs you should look out for, like if there’s a random guy in your bed, or your girlfriend has a career that breeds cheaters, like investment banking. (just check out the results below.)
According to a new survey of 5,658 ladies who are currently cheating on their partner, 65 percent said they cheat at work, which means your girlfriend might be having more than just a salad for lunch, if you know what I mean. Hotdog, anyone?
The survey also found that brokers and bankers are the biggest cheaters, probably because building a personal relationship with a client is very important.
The next biggest cheaters are pilots and flight attendants, definitely because they’re always far, far away from home where Mr. Boyfriend is missing his lady, but she’s too busy joining the mile-high club to care.
Interestingly, 85 percent of the cheating women said they would not recommend sleeping with a colleague, because once the fling goes up in flames, the workplace often becomes a hostile, uncomfortable place to earn a living. But aside from that, most agreed that hooking up with a colleague makes work fun!
“The survey clearly shows that even though there’s a risk to your career, having an affair at work makes life a lot more pleasant,” said Sigurd Vedal, founder of Victoria Milan, a website like Ashley Madison where cheaters go to hook up with fellow cheaters.
“At the same time, the majority of cheaters would steer clear of mixing work with pleasure - not because it damages their career, but because they are at risk of being found out, or will feel uncomfortable,” he added. And yet, people still cheat at work. Life is an enigma, my dudes.
Here’s a comprehensive list of the top ten professions for cheaters:
1. Financial (Bankers, brokers, analysts)
2. Aviation (Pilots, flight attendants, flight pursers)
3. Healthcare (Doctors, nurses, nursing assistants)
4. Business (CEOs, managers, secretaries)
5. Sports (Athletes, instructors, representatives)
6. Arts (Musicians, models, actors, photographers)
7. Nightlife Industry (DJs, dancers, waiters)
8. Communication (Journalists, public relations, communicators)
9. Legal (Lawyers, secretaries, prosecutors, judges)
10. Other sectors (Don’t know what that entails, but ok)
And finally, some parting words for any and all cheaters out there: