Step Aboard Tennis Star Rafael Nadal’s Ultra-Modern 80-Foot Power Yacht
Complete with a hot tub, jet ski garage and “a fully customizable saloon.”
Rafael Nadal may or may not compete in the 2020 US Open, but the Spanish tennis superstar can still ball off the court aboard his new “ultra-modern” power yacht.
Rafa first commissioned a bespoke 80 Sunreef Power by Poland’s Sunreef Yachts in 2019, and the luxury catamaran was just delivered in his hometown of Mallorca.
Measuring nearly 80 feet long and loaded with the 3,875 square-feet of living space, the multi-hulled composite vessel boasts contemporary-style touches including stainless steel portlights, teak sole decks, raised bulwarks and subtle ambient lighting. Power comes courtesy of dual 1,200-hp engines.
There will be plenty of room for the 19-time Grand Slam winner and 11 of his guests to enjoy the full-beam bow’s hot tub and wet bar after parking the jet ski in the stern’s garage.
Sunreef Yachts has further details on the other decadent spaces found below deck.
The yacht has fully personalized interiors, including an impressive main deck saloon with access to the front terrace, an owner’s suite with an opening side balcony and luxurious guest cabins with en-suite bathrooms.
The whole interior is kept in bright elegant beige, cream and coffee colors. Among the yacht’s spectacular features is a spacious flybridge with bar, barbecue and relaxation area.
The immense volumes in the hulls of the 80 Sunreef Power give plenty of room to tailor every unit’s layout to the most specific requirements.
The crew quarters along with the galley and crew mess can be accessed directly from the aft cockpit for more privacy on board. Multiple layout configurations are available to set up luxurious guest cabins for a supreme level of comfort on board.
Info on price isn’t currently available, but Business Insider reports that the smaller 70 Sunreef Power retails for about $3 million.
Nadal might have extra time to spend aboard his new watercraft this season. The U.S. Open, which was originally set to begin on August 31 in New York, could be canceled due to the coronavirus crisis. Speaking to the New York Times, Nadal said that if the tournament were to take place today, he wouldn’t attend.
“Well, is not an ideal situation, honestly no,” said Nadal, who won his fourth U.S. Open singles title last year. “If you ask me today if I want to travel today to New York to play a tennis tournament, I will say no, I will not.”