The Best Sales and Deals to Shop On Presidents Day
Score killer deals on tech, household goods, menswear and more.
At some point in the last 100 years or so President’s Day became about more than just our nation’s chief executives. Now it’s about saving money, too.
This weekend, a ton of retailers are already looking forward to the spring and they have a lot of inventory to clear to make way for new stuff. Fortunately, it’s a particularly good time to buy higher-dollar items like mattresses and furniture.
The Best Presidents’ Day Furniture Deals
Stuck inside for a long winter and tired of that sofa with the permanent butt prints in every cushion? It’s a perfectly good holiday for shopping with redecorating in mind.
- Burrow: At checkout use this code: PREZ. With it you can get 10% off purchases up to $1,499, save $200 off orders over $1500, and $250 if you spend over $1800. It keeps going, though: Buy $2,200 and save $300, bump up your buy to more than $2,600 and you’ll get $400 off, and finally anything over $3,000 will receive a $500 discount. It’s a comprehensive sale—you’ll save on any sofas, ottomans or tables as well.
- Crate & Barrel: Buy anything to use for storage and save 15 percent.
- Floyd: Customers can get as much as $125 off Floyd’s furniture With code FLOYD2020. This is a pretty rare opportunity so it’s easily one of the best deals you’ll find.
- Hayneedle: Take 30% off home and office items and 50% off a variety of furniture.
- Home Depot: Home Depot is taking 40% off some of its vanities, faucets, bathtubs and toilets. Might be time to get that bathroom remodeling project in gear.
- Huckberry‘s winter clearance sale is underway. It’s mostly limited to men’s clothing but you can definitely find deals on household gear.
- Macy’s: The iconic department store is knocking 20% off home items on sale or clearance home items. Just in the market for a toaster oven or rug? Ten percent off.
- Restoration Hardware: Hell of a deal if you get to it fast, taking 70% off all clearance merchandise.
- Wayfair: Wayfair has a little bit of everything and also rocks numerous discounts to the tune of 70% off.
The Best Presidents’ Day Mattress Sales
We don’t really know why Presidents’ Day is considered “Black Friday” for mattress sales, according to Gear Patrol, but there really are too many to choose from. We’ve just highlighted some of the best:
- Bear Mattress: With the PRES20 promo code you can take 20% off just about everything and get a pair of Cloud pillows for free. Bed frames included.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Take 25% off pretty much everything with promo code PRESIDENTS25.
- Casper: Every Casper mattress is 10% off.
- Home Depot will knock 40% off all mattresses and toppers and you can input code MATTRESS10 to save another 10%.
- Mattress Firm: As much as 40 percent off a variety of mattresses. You could save as much as $600.
- Nectar has chopped $100 off the price tag on all mattresses and will drop in two Memory Foam pillows for free.
- Tempur-Pedic has some excellent deals with select mattresses selling for a whopping $500 off. There’s a separate 30% off sale on their Tempur-Cloud mattresses.
- Wayfair has a “blowout” going on, with some mattress prices reduced by 65%.
The Best Presidents’ Day Sales on Tech
Let’s admit it—Presidents’ Day isn’t necessarily primetime for tech deals, but there are definitely some good ones to be found.
Amazon has some serious deals on its tech products. The Echo Dot is 40% off and the excellent Echo Buds are selling for 89.99. Get a three-month Audible trial for free when you buy the Buds.
Best Buy: The go-to company for a huge variety of electronics has a generous variety of sales. They include up to 40% on home appliances and several Samsung smart TVs as well as deals on iPads, Chromebooks, and the brand-new Galaxy Z Flip folding smartphone, to name a few.
Dell: The electronics company has knocked up to 30% off various laptops and desktop units and as much s 50% off some home theater setups. If you finance your PC and some other electronic items, use code DPA5.
Microsoft: There are numerous cuts to a variety of the electronics giants’ prices, including savings of up to $300 on the Windows Surface Laptop 3.
The Best Presidents’ Day Menswear Discounts
Spring is closer than you think. Presidents’ Day might be a good time to stock up for next winter or just get some necessary shopping done. Check out a selection of sales below.
Brooks Brothers: A sophisticated name in businesswear, Brooks Brothers isn’t above throwing some bargains out there if the timing is right. They’ve got deals on men’s accessories, suits, and shirts and an overall limited-time winter sale that takes 50% off a number of items—with online clearance deals of 60% off.
Calvin Klein also has a limited-time sale right now with 40% off various styles sitewide.
Clarks: Through February 19th enter SALE40 on any Clarks online purchase for 40 percent off.
Frank And Oak has a sale on through February 17th. Just enter code ANNIVERSARY20 to get 20% off just about any purchase.
Urban Outfitters: BDG jeans are 30% off for a limited time and you can find a ton of other deals in the sales section (the same is true for many of these retailers).