With their next-gen Connected smartwatch, Tag Heuer is definitely upping their luxury wearables game.
The Swiss watchmakers have managed to grab attention since 2015 with timepieces equal to Apple's dominant Watch both through function and—just as importantly—design. With this evolution, Tag seals the deal and stakes a claim to dominating the connected luxury watch field.
Tag Heuer Connected offers the kind of fine design collectors expect and the weight of legendary Swiss watchmaking together with what the company calls a "custom-designed digital experience geared towards performance."
If it wasn't obvious from their 2019 Connected Modular Golf Edition, Tag Heuer places a special emphasis on the needs of active users through their dedicated Sports app. It allows wearers to track everything from golf and running to cycling and workouts in general. Sensors dedicated to those needs include built-in GPS and heart-rate monitors.
Tag has also come up with a new companion app for this model permits more fine-grained personalization options and health insights.
In the company's announcement about the new Connected watch, Tag's Chief Strategy and Digital Officer, Frédéric Arnault said the “TAG Heuer Connected watch was designed and engineered with the same passion and attention to detail as our mechanical watches."
"Quality of execution is paramount in everything we do," Arnault continued, "and we never compromise on aesthetics or emotion. The Connected watch is not only a beautiful timepiece, it’s a truly immersive experience, as it now sits within a complete TAG Heuer digital ecosystem geared towards performance and sports."
Per the manufacturer, here are just a few of the multiple case, hardware, and accessory options to choose from:
- Three stainless-steel cases
- Fixed ceramic bezel (black and metal PVD)
- High-end polished and brushed finishes
- One Titanium grade 2 case in full matt black (PVD)
- Ultra-lightweight for sports performance
- Luxury chronograph design (crown and pushers)
- Interchangeable perforated rubber strap or steel bracelet (only on stainless-steel case)
- 45 mm case
- 5 ATM of water resistance: 5 ATM
- Battery: 430 mAh all-day battery
- All-day standard battery use or up to 20 hours with a 1-hour workout
- 6 hours of sports use
The four options available right now range in price from $1,800 up to $2,350. Purchase online at tagheuer.com.