Do you dislike your 9-to-5 job? Do you wish you could go to luxurious resorts in a tropical climate instead of sitting in an office with fluorescent lights? If you answered “yes” to both of those questions, I know of a job you might be interested in.
A luxury resort company called Vidanta has a position called the “World’s Best Job,” where one lucky person will go on a paid year-long vacation throughout Mexico and Latin America and document those vacations on social media.
The pay isn’t too shabby either — $120K to live in the lap of luxury for an entire year. Right now, if you’re thinking to yourself: “Wow, that sounds terrible. I’d rather sit in my cubicle, slave over Excel spreadsheets, and shed a sacrificial tear over the stale donuts in the break room,” there’s something wrong with you. To each his own, though.
The lucky individual who manages to land the job will "leave the office life behind and make some of Mexico's most impressive resorts their new workplace," and will be "acting as Vidanta's on-location social influencer, gathering content by experiencing all of the comfort, relaxation, adventure and luxury they have to offer."
"Get trained to be an ambassador for happiness and learn how to become a social influencer for our resorts," the description reads. "As the year unfolds, we’ll take you from coast to coast, so you can experience all Vidanta has to offer."
But this job isn’t as easy as it seems. Some of your duties will include:
- "Ushering baby turtles into the ocean"
- "Learning to salsa dance"
- "Checking every resort pool to make sure the water temperature is *just right*"
- "Learning new recipes from Michelin Star chefs"
- "Experiencing golf the way Tiger Woods probably does"
- "Determining how many hours of poolside lounging is too many"
- "Trying out new luxury spa treatments"
- "Tasting the difference between Blanco, Resposado, and Añejo tequila"
Wow…it's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.
Want to know if you qualify for the job? The requirements on the website read:
Well, first off, you’ll need to relocate to some of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico for a year (we know, hard sell, right?). Next, it’s absolutely required that you experience all of Vidanta’s luxury, art, culture, history, food, and entertainment.
You also need to be good at:
- "Talking to people and making connections."
- "Communicating things you’re enthusiastic about in a way that gets others on board."
- "Documenting your journey through social media."
- "Brainstorming new creative approaches to campaigns."
- "Staying on top of trends, technologies, and other influencers."
Interested? I know I am. Who the hell wouldn't be? You can apply for the position at a website literally called www.worldsbestjob.com by submitting your resume and an optional video on why you'd be perfect for this job. The deadline is Sunday, October 21st, but time flies, so you better act fast.
H/T: Men's Health