Last night, MTV presented a Video Music Awards show reminiscent of the can't-miss shows of the early 2000s when Britney Spears snakecharmed her way across the stage, Lil' Kim got felt up by Diana Ross, and Eminem paraded with a bagillion clones of himself. It was that kind of VMAs. Maxim's 2013 Hot 100 #1 Miley Cyrus promised a performance even crazier than the 2003 Madonna/Christina/Britney kiss in her pre-show interview. Um, we think she delivered.
Here's what we learned:
1. Miley's tongue isn't going anywhere any time soon.
2. THIS is what twerking is. Now, we can never doubt again. Watch and learn because this is it, people.
3. Robin Thicke can do whatever he wants. First, he dances with nude lingerie wearing ladies in his "Blurred Lines" video, and now he's dancing with Miley in plastic, nude lingerie.
4. Teddy Bears are no longer for cuddling and protection from nightmares. They're what your nightmares are made of.
5. Rihanna is a tough critic.
6. A foam finger can be used for so much more than cheering on your favorite team. It's quite possibly the most universal prop in the world!