Social media commentator Keith Fenimore takes his shots at what’s been trending this week. [August 17 – August 23]
1) If you haven't seen the Tumblr Are These Hot Dogs or Legs?, man are you in for a treat.
Games like that are so much fun. My co-workers absolutely love it* when I play “Is this a bread stick or my penis?”
*They don’t love it.
2) If you’re worried about being at an outdoor concert and losing your friends, now you can breathe easy. Thanks to ClearHart Digital, all you need to do is: register prior to the concert, connect your Facebook account, pick up an interactive bracelet at the event, find one of the 8 beacons of connectivity with Nexus 7 tablets mounted on each, tap your bracelet on the tower, take a photo, or send a message to your Facebook friend who has also registered. It’s just that easy.
Or, you could just do what we did back in 2005, and stand next to your friends.
3) An 11-year-old, too young to even have B.O., has invented a gadget for deodorant that plays the Rocky theme song when the cap is removed.
That's pretty cool, but it doesn't come close to my hair trimmers that play "If I were a Rich Man" from Fiddler On The Roof when I shave my chest.
4) This super athletic dude takes flipping out to new heights, as he cruises around town doing a dizzying amount of Olympic-style front and back flips.
The talent that I find on the Internet never ceases to amaze me. Just this morning I came across this super flexible gal who was able to get both her legs behind her head while typing on a keyboard. Aaaannnnd that's when my work computer froze.
5) Aaron Paul, aka Jesse from Breaking Bad, gave his Twitter followers a treat after the show aired on AMC on Sunday. He offered to call the first 10 people who responded to his tweet with their phone number.
Two can play at that game, bitch! The first 10 people who tweet me their number at @imkeithfenimore might get a phone call that will lead to a free one-year subscription to Maxim. Also, they might not.
Also on Maxim.com: