How To Make a Boozy Bottle Rocket
New Orleans barman Steve Yamada on how to cap your own pocket-size cocktails.
Illustrated by Brown Bird Design | Licensed to Alpha Media Group 2013
What you’ll need for a “Shot and a Beer”
• The Fizz Giz: A carbonator to chargeliquids with CO2 ($29, fizzgiz.com)
• 2 oz. Rittenhouse rye whiskey
• 1 oz. beer syrup (2 bottles IPA reduced in half on the stove, then cooled and stirred with 1 cup sugar)
• ¼ oz. Cointreau
• 2 dashes Angostura bitters
• ¼ cup water
• Pinch of citric acid
1. Funnel all ingredients into a large, clean plastic bottle.
2. Charge it with the Fizz Giz and shake, then chill for at least six hours.
3. Open the bottle slowly and funnel into a clean mini beer bottle. Cap it, share with a lady, and then have a burping contest!
Check out How To Make a Bacon Weave Breakfast Burrito and How To Spot a UFO.