Award-Winning Dano’s Tequila Shares 5 Best Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Dano’s has dangerously good tequila cocktail recipes for Cinnamon-Spiked Cider, Gingerbread Collins, Cranberry Margarita, Tequila Old Fashioned, and more.
Presented by Dano’s Tequila
Founded in 2018, Dano’s Tequila stands out from other brands with its unique line of ultra-premium, 100% agave tequilas that have won multiple awards at top spirits competitions.
The Dano’s portfolio features four award-winning expressions including its original Pineapple & Jalapeño Fresh Fruit infusion, as well as its esteemed Blanco, Reposado and Añejo aged in virgin white oak barrels.
Every bottle is handcrafted in small batches from 100% agave and made with zero additives. Dano’s is produced in the second oldest tequila distillery in the world — a fourth-generation, female-owned distillery in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico — dedicated to producing the most traditional and cleanest tequilas on the market, using the authentic methods that have been in place since the hacienda’s founding in 1840.
Dano’s Tequila has quickly become a top-ranking tequila, winning honors at every spirits competition it’s entered. Notable awards include:
- Double Gold at the 2020 SIP Awards International Spirits Competition for the Pineapple Jalapeno infused Tequila
- Gold at the 2020 SIP Awards International Spirits Competition for the Blanco Tequila
- Gold at the WSWA Tasting Competition for the Reposado Tequila
- Best Añejo at the 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
And while these top-shelf tequilas are crafted for sipping, they also make for some absolutely killer cocktails. Here, five holiday-themed Dano’s Cocktails to elevate any gathering:
Dano’s Cinnamon Spiced Cider
- 3 ounces spiced apple cider (premade or simply add a few cloves, 4 allspice berries, and cinnamon stick and simmer for a few minutes)
- 2 ounces Dano’s Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 drizzle of honey (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar for rimming – equal parts cinnamon and coconut sugar
- Garnish: Cinnamon stick and star anise for garnish
- Method (Hot): Bring the apple cider to a simmer then pour over remaining ingredients in a heat proof glass and garnish
- Method (Cold): Run a cut lemon along the rim of a glass and dredge in cinnamon sugar. In a cocktail shaker combine the apple cider (cooled – if you infused plain apple cider), tequila, brandy, lemon juice, and a drizzle of honey, if using. Shake well to combine. Strain over ice and garnish.
Dano’s Gingerbread Collins
- .75 ounces ginger spice syrup
- .75 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces Dano’s Reposado Tequila (infused with coconut)
- Top with vanilla soda water
- Method: Shake all ingredients together
- Garnish: Ginger cookie and coconut flakes.
Ginger spice syrup:
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- pinch of salt
- half lemon zest
- 15 grams peeled ginger
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1 cup water
- Method: Bring water to 83 Cº and add all the ingredients to infuse. Strain and keep refrigerated
- Add 25 grams of coconut flakes to 1 Liter of Dano’s Tequila Reposado. Mix all ingredients and let it macerate it for 10-12 hours and strain
Dano’s Cranberry Margarita
- 1.75 ounces Dano’s Blanco Tequila
- .25 ounces agave syrup
- .5 ounces cranberry spice syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 orange peel slice
- Method: Shake all ingredients together
- Garnish: black salt rim, cranberries and lime wheel
Cranberry spice syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 6 allspice
- Method: Heat the water to 80 Cº, brew the spices first until you get a pleasant aroma of spices. Add cranberries and smash them in the water to get all the juices. Add sugar to dissolve and strain. Keep refrigerated.
Buñuelo Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces Dano’s Añejo Tequila
- .5 ounces spiced cinnamon syrup
- 4 dashes bitters
- Method: Stir and strain, garnish with lime peel or buñuelo cookie
Cinnamon spice syrup:
- Dash grated cinnamon
- Dash anise
- Few drops of lime oil
- 4 parts evaporated milk (48 ounces)
- 4 parts condensed milk (56 ounces)
- 3 parts coconut cream (36 ounces)
- 2 parts Dano’s Reposado Tequila (25 ounces)
- 4 dashes vanilla bitters
- Grated cinnamon & nutmeg
- Method: Blend all together, chill and serve. Garnish with cinnamon stick
If you’re looking for stocking stuffers that will delight any tequila fan, these Dano’s bottles make for great holiday gifts:
Pineapple & Jalapeno Fresh Fruit Infusion
The 2020 SIP Awards International Spirits Competition double gold medal winner is made with Dano’s 100% agave Blanco Tequila, fresh fruit and contains no added flavors or extracts.
The 2020 SIP Awards International Spirits Competition gold medal winner is crystal clear with delicate silver sparkles. The taste of this 100% agave tequila is sweet and crisp with hints of vanilla and coconut, perfect for sipping or mixing.
Winner of the gold medal at the 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, this tequila has light amber color from aging for nine months (more than four times the industry standard) in virgin white oak barrels. Its aroma is a mixture of gently toasted agave with a taste of almond and vanilla, ending with a soft oak flavor.
Winner of “Best in Class Añejo” at the 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, this tequila has a rich amber color derived from aging between 12 and 18 months in virgin white oak barrels.
Dano’s Añejo has an aroma of roasted agave with woody notes and a luxuriously rich taste of vanilla, caramel, coconut and oak.
Dano’s Tequila has grown to be available in top retailers, bars and restaurants in over 35 states throughout the U.S., and for purchase online. Visit danostequila.com for more information, and follow Dano’s Tequila on Instagram @DanosTequila.