Bell & Ross Drops Racy F1-Style Luxury Watch
Celebrate F1’s “best of the rest” with this baller black and blue timepiece.
Alpine F1 is having just about the best season they could hope for. The Renault-branded team is currently the “best of the rest,” behind only the heavily favored Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull in the 2022 Formula One Constructors Championship. The time is thusly ripe for Bell & Ross to launch another limited-edition bauble celebrating Alpine’s success.
Like last year’s collaborative watch, the A522 is named for the current Alpine A522 F1 race car. It’s based on the BR 03 aviator’s watch, which pairs a matte black case with contrasting luminescent indices and hands to maximize readability.
The A522 adds a colorful white and blue twist—in accordance with Alpine team colors—and reworks the dial to look more like an analog speedometer, rendering the numerals in italics.
The counterweight of the central blue chrono seconds hand is formed in the Alpine “A,” while a mini blue/white/red flag recalling Alpine’s French origins is placed above the date window at 6 o’clock. Alpine’s signature blue again appears to highlight the minute track.
See highlighted technical specs below:
- Movement: BR-CAL.302. Automatic mechanical
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and date
- Case: 42 mm in width. 10.40 mm thick. Matt black ceramic
- Dial: Black. Alpine logo at 6 o’clock
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Water Resistance: 100 meters
- Strap: Perforated black rubber and ultra-resilient black synthetic fabric
- Buckle: Pin. Steel with black PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) finish
Priced at $4,500, the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 A522 is available to preorder before shipments being in November.